Tuesday 11 November 2008

Nuttolene Fritters

An occasional pleasure is deep fat frying; chunky chips, obviously, and normally balls of sosmix, with diced onion & pepper mixed in. No sosmix in the house tonight (it's probablty full of GM soya anyway, I really need to do some research on that one), but I did have a tin of Nuttolene, which has now been changed to be even blander, which was possibly the point, and also ever slightly less likely like tinned meat.

In a subconcious war rememberance moment I tried to make fritters - the batter (wholemeal flour & soya milk, water) was possibly a little too thin, but they were - OK.

I was going to post this one as a bit of a failure, but as as all good scientists know, there's no such thing, only a negative result to an experiment. Anyway, I suspect Spam Fritters weren't any nicer... ;-)

No comments: