Wednesday 24 December 2008

Fine burgers

A recipe of my mum's which makes really delicious burgers, though when I made them the other day, found I needed to add an extra courgette and a big dollop of peanut-butter to bind in all the breadcrumbs in this recipe...

100gms mushrooms
1 small onion
1 small courgette (I used two)
1 carrot
100gms fresh breadcrumbs
2tbsp chopped parsley
1 tsp yeast extract
25 gms peanuts (I also used 1 large tbsp crunchy peanut-butter)
salt & pepper if wanted.

Finely chop the mushrooms and cook without oil, stirring to drive out moisture.
Finley grate/food process the onion, courgette, carrot, nuts and add in the mushrooms, parsley & yeast extract. Stir together (adding extra courgette & peanut-butter to help bind if necessary) Dust hands and board with flour to shape mixture into burgers, then chill them in't fridge for 30 mins (on my boat, just leave em out in the kitchen!). Fry in a little oil for 8-10 minutes. Scoff.

1 comment:

Simon said...

definitely one to try, as mentioned before I'm always on the look out for stuff like this, especially if I can make lots and bung them in the freezer

(actually my whole house is quite good as a chiller at the moment - big underfloor insulation plans at the moment)